We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger.
We encourage you to review our job postings and apply for a specific opening by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For internship opportunities, contact Toni Thomas, Director of Programs at email@example.com.
Meals On Wheels Driver (Looking to hire one driver for each of the following counties: Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas)
Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger (TBNEH), a non-profit organization committed to ending hunger, brings people together to find solutions that eliminate barriers, improve access, increase awareness, and expand the availability of nutritious food to those in need.
This position is located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties.
The Driver supports TBNEH’s mission in the following manner:
• Reports to Site Coordinator at the assigned pick-up location by 10:00 AM.
• Checks route sheets and make sure you have the correct number of meals/boxes of food.
• Picks up meals and route sheets from assigned pick-up sites
• Delivers meals Monday-Friday between 10 AM-3PM while completing a safety check
• Makes sure that temperatures of food are maintained.
• Reports delivery notes, including not homes, wellness concerns, and messages from recipients to Recipient Intake Coordinator
• Returns empty coolers to pick-up site once route is complete
• Informs the Site Coordinator that you have returned and report on any recipient concerns
• Distribute special notices to recipients, as needed
• High school diploma or equivalent competencies
• Must be able to provide a reliable personal vehicle to be used for position daily
• Verified driver’s license
• Proof of minimum liability auto insurance
• Ability to lift bags/coolers/boxes weighing a maximum of 40lb.
• Must be able to use personal smartphone for GPS (though route sheets with turn-by-turn directions are provided as backup)
• Knowledge of Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties
• Must be sensitive to the needs of older and disabled adults
• Strong communication skills
• Desire to learn about hunger, health, and non-profits
• Ability to work well independently and use good judgment for problem-solving
• Must pass a level 2 background check
On-Call: Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Up to 20 hours per week.
Compensation: $15 per hour plus reimbursement for work-related mileage. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided