We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger.
We encourage you to review our job postings and apply for a specific opening.
There are the current positions open at this time:
Meals on Wheels Driver
Read below for more information.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Meals On Wheels Driver (Rev 11.04.20)
Make a difference in the lives of senior, homebound, and/or transportation-disadvantaged community members. The Meals On Wheels Driver is responsible for ensuring that nutritious meals are delivered timely to recipients’ homes while building relationships with recipients to ensure they are well and safe.
This position is located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco, and/or Pinellas counties.
This position reports to the Volunteer Manager.
The Meals On Wheels Driver will support Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger’s Meals On Wheels St. Petersburg and Meals on Wheels for Kids (MOW4Kids), in the following manner:
- Report to Site Coordinator at the assigned pick-up location by 10:00 AM.
- Check route sheets and make sure you have the correct number of meals/boxes of food.
- Pick up meals and route sheets from assigned pick-up sites
- Deliver meals Monday-Friday between 10 AM-2 PM while completing a safety check
- Make sure that temperatures of food are maintained.
- Report delivery notes, including not homes, wellness concerns, and messages from recipients to Recipient Intake Coordinator
- Return empty coolers to pick-up site once route is complete
- Inform the Site Coordinator that you have returned and report on any recipient concerns.
- Distribute special notices to recipients, as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent competencies
- Must be able to provide a reliable personal vehicle to be used for position daily
- Verified driver’s license
- Proof of minimum liability auto insurance
- Ability to lift bags/coolers/boxes weighing a maximum of 40lb.
- Must be able to use personal smartphone for GPS (though route sheets with turn by turn directions are provided as backup)
- Knowledge of Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties
- Must pass a level 2 background check
- Must be sensitive to the needs of older and disabled adults
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn about hunger, health, and non-profits
- Ability to work well independently and use good judgment for problem-solving
On-Call: Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Up to 20 hours per week.
$12 per hour plus reimbursement for work-related mileage. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.