MOW4Kids Holidays On Wheels (HOW) delivers food for a full holiday meal, along with toys, to transportation disadvantaged families, in partnership with Metropolitan Ministries, for the holidays. Volunteers help us to deliver MOW4Kids HOW between 9:00AM-2:00PM on…
- Monday, November 15 (a full holiday meal for children and members of household)
- Monday, December 13 (a full holiday meal for children and members of household, and toys for children)
Do I qualify for Holidays On Wheels?
Sign-up is open to all families with children that are transportation disadvantaged living in Hillsborough, Pasco or Pinellas counties.
Applications will be accepted through October 29th, 2021
To qualify you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Live in Hillsborough, Pasco, or Pinellas Counties
- Family includes children (0-18yrs)
- Meet at least one of the following criteria: i. Do not have access to a working or reliable vehicle for life-sustaining trips (medical, grocery, work, job-related training/education and other vital services) and unable to get a ride from household members or others for these purposes; or ii. Household led by an adult who is largely homebound due to disability or illness;
- Someone must be home to receive the food.
How do I register for Holidays On Wheels?
Registration will open in August 2021.
What happens after I sign my family up?
Deliveries will begin once we have: 1) received your application, and 2) confirmed with you on the telephone.
Please note: you are not enrolled until you get a confirmation phone call and speak to a Meals On Wheels for Kids staff member. Your holiday delivery or deliveries will be confirmed after we speak with you on the telephone. If you receive a voicemail or email, please respond between 9AM-5PM.
What if I already receive Meals On Wheels for Kids deliveries?
Please do not fill out an application on our website. You will be contacted by MOW4Kids to sign up.
Sign up to deliver Holidays On Wheels
Volunteers needed to help deliver by driving their own vehicles in Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties.
Deliveries will take place between 9:00AM-2:00PM on Monday, November 15 (a full holiday meal for children and members of household) and Monday, December 13 (a full holiday meal for children and members of household, and toys for children) in all three counties. Over 300 volunteers are needed to help deliver Thanksgiving and Christmas meals to families in the tri-county area. Volunteers will pick up items and route sheets from designated sites in each county.
Donate to Holidays On Wheels
These special deliveries are made possible by the many donations received from the community.